From traditional athletes and team sports (think NFL offensive linesman Seantrel Henderson) to thrill-seeking solo athletes (think pioneer snowboarder Ross Rebagliati), people are turning to cannabis as a natural and holistic approach to pain relief, suppressing nausea, appetite control, and mood improvement. Putting your body through hours of grueling and disciplined training multiple times a week means that you need to repay your body in kindness by letting it rest and reset. On the other hand, consuming cannabis traditionally – by burning and smoking it – is probably not the hardcore and health-conscious athlete’s method of choice.
Enter the nutritious infused protein bar. The most difficult part of this journey is testing and figuring out the dosing that’s best for you and your recovery. It also depends on what you’re looking to get out of this tasty health snack.
Some are just looking for a relaxing post-workout recovery bar, one that would also relieve them from pain and soreness and truly help them unwind. If this sounds like you, you’ll probably be looking to increase the ratio of cannabis-infused to non-infused oils.
Others yet just need a pre-workout that would combine the energizing properties of protein and carbs with the anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties of cannabis THC and CBD. If this sounds like you, then you’d want to stay on the lower end of the spectrum and make sure you use just enough cannabis oil to benefit from its properties without negatively impacting your workout.
Whether you’re one of those or both, you need to be able to understand what works for you. Your tolerance and metabolism are unique to you, so remember the mantra: start low, go slow!
For the bars:
- 1 cup (100g) gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ cup (40g) whole almonds
- 1 ¼ cup (280g) packed pitted medjool dates
- ½ cup (50g) unsweetened, unflavoured protein powder
- ½ cup (120g) natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon (5mL) pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons (30mL) virgin coconut oil, melted
- 3-5 tablespoons (45-75mL) water, as needed
- ⅛ – ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt, to taste
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
For the chocolate topping:
- ½ cup (95g) EP infusions espresso bar
- 1 ½ teaspoons (7.5mL) virgin coconut oil
- Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper (with overhang) and set aside.
- For the squares: in a large food processor, process the oats and almonds to a fine crumb.
- Add the pitted dates and process again, until they’re finely chopped.
- Add protein powder, peanut butter, vanilla, melted oil, water, salt and cinnamon and process until the mixture becomes a smooth, dense dough.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Then press the dough into the pan evenly, and set aside.
- In a small pot, melt the chocolate and coconut oil over low heat, stirring frequently. When the chocolate is mostly melted, remove from the heat to avoid burning and stir until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate on top of the dough slab, and spread evenly until the entire top of the dough is covered.
- Place the pan in the freezer until the chocolate hardens (roughly 15 mins).
- Slice the slab into squares and enjoy!
From the shop.
Aloha Pre-Rolls$ 23.99 Select options
Animalitos CBD Cat Tincture$ 34.99 Sold Out
Animalitos CBD Dog Tincture$ 49.99 Sold Out
Animalitos CBD Nose & Paw Balm$ 11.99 Sold Out
Animalitos CBD Small Breed Dog Tincture$ 42.99 Sold Out
Apawthecary Beef Flavour Pet Treats$ 26.99 Sold Out
Apawthecary Organic Paw Protection Wax$ 16.99 Sold Out
Apawthecary Organic Sniffer Salve$ 18.99 Sold Out
Apawthecary Pet Oral Drops$ 32.99 Select options
Apothecary Naturals CBD Infused Body Soap$ 11.99 Sold Out
Apothecary Naturals CBD Infused Shaving Soap$ 14.99 Select options
Apothecary Naturals Hemp Infused Lip Balm$ 4.99 Sold Out
Apothecary Naturals Infused Organic Roll-On Remedy$ 23.99 Sold Out
Apothecary Naturals Infused Pain Cream$ 45.98 Sold Out
- Save 15%
Apothecary Naturals New Ink
$ 24.99Add to cart
B+F Capsules – 20 pack$ 40.00 Select options
Thousands Of Glowing Pumpkins Are Coming To Ontario This Fall Of all the activities that pair well with cannabis, walking around a magical Halloween wonderland with thousands of glowing pumpkins has got to be at the top of the list. This Fall, you will be able to do...
Can These A-List Celebs Cure Their Broken Hearts With CBD? Probably. It’s the season of breakups, and we’re feeling pretty devastated over here. First we lost Emma Roberts and Evan Peters, young lovers and co-stars of American Horror Story: Coven. Bradley Cooper and...
10 Shows To Binge On Netflix Canada This Month (And Treats To Go With Them) How fortunate are we that we live in a world where hundreds of TV shows and movies are available on our computers, phones, game consoles and smart TVs? The answer: So incredibly fortunate...